Join our Team
Taking care of pets is not just what we do, it’s what we love and are passionate about. If you feel you’re the right fit for our team, please consider applying below.
Full Time Veterinary Nurse
Animal Options Vet Clinic and Wet Noses Mobile Vet have merged and are looking for a Full-Time Veterinary Nurse to join our growing team.
We are looking for a Veterinary nurse to join our team with the following attributes:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent;
- 2+ years of clinical experience working as a Veterinary Nurse;
- Experience using RxWorks or EzyVet will be highly regarded;
- Excellent phone manner, communication skills and customer service skills;
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures;
- Confidence in monitoring anaesthesia;
- Valid Australian driving license;
- A calm & friendly professional with a sense of humour;
- An amazing ‘can do’, team player attitude.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Caring, handling and cleaning all animals;
- Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment;
- Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care;
- Performing minor procedures when required;
- Delivering outstanding client care to all patients and owners;
- Participating as an enthusiastic team member with a positive attitude;
- Transporting of patients to and from the clinic for procedures;
- Handling client enquiries professionally in person, by email and over the phone;
- Administration duties and associated tasks.
Who we are?
We are an independent progressive vet clinic located in Ormeau – Gold Coast Corridor that offers home visits and a great infrastructure in a bricks and mortar clinic.
We run two businesses, Animal Options Vet Clinic and Wet Noses Mobile Vet.
We bring the most professional and comprehensive veterinary service into peoples’ homes. Our services are delivered via our world-class, fully equipped mobile Veterinary vehicles. Supporting this service is market leading, cloud based veterinary software and best practice systems, processes and procedures. Our team consists of Vet Nurses, Reception staff, a Practice Manager, and Veterinarians.
The practice is located in Ormeau, only a 30min drive from Gold Coast City or Brisbane, with easy access to the M1 either North or Southbound. We live and work by our core values every day to provide our clients and their pets the best experience in a vet practice.
Now, we know full well how working day in, day out in a vet practice can be challenging, exhausting and sometimes stressful. This is why we believe that a light, fun, reliable, and accountable environment where people communicate openly and directly is paramount to sustain a healthy work atmosphere. We are fortunate enough to have such an environment which allows us to care for our clients, pets, staff members and ourselves in the best possible way.
What we believe?
All our clients deserve the time to be heard and vets deserve to not be rushed when examining a pet, so strong communication skills is essential to build a long-lasting vet-client relationship.
That trust and a safe environment that allows team members to speak freely and give each other feedbacks in a positive and constructive way is a strong aspect of our culture.
We understand that every person has their distinct personality and different goals in life, so we allow you to grow your skills based on your strengths.
What we offer?
- A supportive and friendly team that will listen to you and give you room to grow your skills
- A calm and receptive working environment, cake on your birthday, a break when you need it and attention when you request. We aren’t a fast-paced, multi-tasking, back-to-back consultation practice.
- We value quality over quantity.
- An opportunity to develop and grow an area of your interest.
- Flexibility in schedule and approx. 30-38 hr per week (negotiable)
- NO after hours, everything happens between 8am and 6pm Mon-Sat.
- CPD allowance and access to VIN
- Paid annual leave
- Generous remuneration based on experience and willingness to learn and develop the practice.
If this sounds like you or you would like more information then send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Tine Vet- Mobile and Clinic Based
You are a vet right? So you want to work and go home with a sense of achievement, correct? And you also have a purpose, am I right? You want to feel like you are changing your clients & patients’ life maybe?
But this is your life now:
- Working in fast pace practice consulting 10-20 patients a day
- Managing your clients expectations of paying little or no money for high standards of care
- Wrangling dogs, scruffing cats, getting nervous and stressed when your patient doesn’t cooperate
- Performing multiple surgeries and dentals in one day with minimal time for planning
- Handling walk ins with minimal consideration of your workload
- Having to attend to multiple patients at a time, getting distracted numerous times
- Eating when you can and typing your histories while you eat your lunch
- Having nurses interrupting your work and answering the phones because everyone is too busy to do it
- Cleaning cages because someone simply didn’t do it
- Working with a fragmented and disrupted team where no one is accountable or happy to just be there!
You are probably wondering what is wrong with the vet industry. You may even be questioning why you entered this profession in the first place!
The good news is that not every practice is the same, not every team is broken and not every client is complicated. There is hope and we are working on it right now!
We have a great team of vet nurses, receptionists, vets and a practice manager that are passionate about patient & client care working on an innovative vet business model: Mobile Vet alongside a Clinic, this is where we integrate Wet Noses Mobile Vet with Animal Options Vet Clinic.
You can believe in the old myth that working as a mobile vet can be messy and difficult. Or you can try to have a much better experience as a clinician and better interaction with clients. This is because:
- You only see 5-7 patients a day, so not many notes to write up!
- The clients are much less stressed, they offer you a coffee, a glass of water, they set up a table for you. They always make you feel welcome, which is usually the other way around in a vet clinic. Remember, you are the guest!
- Clients are informed of the costs up front and aware that a convenient service is more expensive, so minimal surprises or frustrations during the visit.
- The pets are so well behaved! It is amazing how cooperative they are at home and how much you can do in a visit.
- You can actually see where your patient lives, their surroundings or that bag of food clients never know the name! You’ll see yourself saying things like “show me where’s your litter tray?” “Is this where he sleeps?” “Can I see your plants in the garden?”
- The appt list is well organised, no walk ins, no clients calling you, there are minimal interruptions
- The receptionists are very well trained and will keep everything in check, so you’re more organised.
- You always have the help of your home base clinic with all the whistles, technology, staff, everything you need. “My patient is lethargic and dehydrated. I’m glad I can take him to the hospital and someone can look after him while I continue on with my day!”
From client to client you will be driving through beautiful scenery on the Gold Coast, from the coast to the bush, there is always a great coffee shop where you can stop for your lunch (which will be allocated on your appt list so you can eat in peace!).
That comes with all the usual perks that everyone offers but isn’t always enough: good pay, Vin membership, CPD allowance, etc. But the most important thing is the team, our team is the best and every staff member will show you how awesome it is to work here!
And yes we are flexible, with time, with your roster, with your appt list, with how you want to handle your day, with what’s your special interest. Wanting some time in the clinic to do surgeries, dentals, consults, xrays etc? No problems, we work at our strengths and we focus on what brings us joy and purpose.
Ready to give it a go? Come and see what we are doing!
For applications, after numerous years of studying you probably know the obvious. Send your CV & Cover letter to our Practice Manager Jody at email@example.com
Join the Wet Noses Team!
At Wet Noses, we are always looking for people who share our passion and motivation for improving the lives of pets and their families. We recognise that genuine, animal focused, quality care requires the efforts of a whole team. We would love to meet others keen to work with or alongside us.
Proudly servicing the Gold Coast and Surrounds
Public Holidays: Closed